Harding Retail Liquor Specialist
As a Liquor Sales Specialist, are you looking for a unique opportunity to sell premium and luxury brands whilst traveling to different parts of the world?
As a Liquor Sales Specialist, are you looking for a unique opportunity to sell premium and luxury brands whilst traveling to different parts of the world? Do you take pride in representing well-known liquor brands and know how to make a cocktail or two? If so, the big question is… are you tired of life on the high street, or have you worked at sea before and want to return?
Harding+ is leading the way in innovative onboard cruise retailing, working closely with our cruise line partners and brand partners to ‘make every cruise better’. We stay at the cutting edge of retailing and consistently provide outstanding customer service, culminating in winning the Cruise Retailer of the Year award for 2022.
About the opportunity:
The cruise industry has been back sailing for nearly a year… and it’s a great time to join! Highly desirable benefits like shore leave for crew is back, after a significant period of restrictions imposed due to Covid.
We are looking to recruit motivated and ambitious Liquor Sales Specialists to join the successful teams at sea. If you are outgoing, have a proven retail sales background, and pride yourself on achieving customer excellence… we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Living and working on a cruise ship (you could be anywhere in the world!)
- Creating an exceptional and memorable retail experience for guests on board
- Maximising sales by promoting a quality range of liquor products through onboard presentations, seminars and in-store events
- Developing detailed and extensive knowledge of all products as well as the brand culture
- Exceeding sales targets and participating in promotional events such as seminars and presentations
Who you are:
- Strong retail background and knowledge of premium liquor products
- Excellent face to face customer service and sales ability, utilising strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and driven to achieve sales targets
- Proven ability in public speaking and showcasing luxury items
- Adaptable to change and able to work in a high-pressure environment
- A strong team player who is goal orientated
What you will be doing
Create inspiration, enthusiasm, and excitement around our brands and products
Cultivate and foster client relationships
Help our guests discover the styles and products that reflect their lives
Guide store guests to discover memories they will love to relive
Transform shop guests into loyal customers
Demonstrate a high level of excellent customer service
What you will receive:
- Competitive salary and target-based commission structure
- Accommodation and meals on board
- Necessary visas and seafaring documents to work at sea
- Dedicated in-house bespoke training across sales, product and brand
- Contract role, working and living at sea for up to 6 months at a time, with a 1-2 month break at home between contracts
Does this sound like you? Do you want to find out more about this unique opportunity to work at sea? Then please apply now…
Communicate clearly and effectively with guests and colleagues. Collaborate with the Retail Sales Manager, the sales team, and cruise line partners. Work in a fast-paced environment. Take initiative in self-development. Remain flexible in work assignments. Demonstrate product knowledge effectively and accurately. Required Experience:
Must be 21 years or older1+ Years of retail and/or customer service experience high School diploma or equivalent basic computer skills proficient English-language speaking, reading, and writing skills multiple language skills as required for certain ship assignments