Ready to take your retail career on an international adventure? Cruise into an exciting sales opportunity at Starboard Cruise Services and wake up in a new port every day.
Working onboard many of the industry’s most prestigious cruise ships, Retail Sales Associates are the face of Starboard. Selling is only part of the role. At Starboard, we inspire our customers to indulge in a memory from their dream vacation. We achieve success by helping our guests experience cruise retail in creative and entertaining ways.
Guests look forward to their vacation from the moment they book it and it’s the daily moments and experiences that make it unique and memorable. We celebrate those moments with each and every one of our guests.
This opportunity is excellent for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious professional who has a passion for selling and thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment!
What you’ll be doing:
- Create inspiration, enthusiasm, and excitement around our brands and products
- Cultivate and foster client relationships
- Help our guests discover the styles and products that reflect their lives
- Guide store guests to discover memories they will love to relive
- Transform shop guests into loyal customers
- Demonstrate a high level of excellent customer service
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with guests and colleagues.
- Collaborate with the Retail Sales Manager, the sales team, and cruise line partners.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Take initiative in self-development.
- Remain flexible in work assignments.
- Demonstrate product knowledge effectively and accurately.
- Must be 21 years or older
- 1+ Years of retail and/or customer service experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Proficient English-language speaking, reading, and writing skills
Multiple language skills as required for certain ship assignments
What we commit to:
At Starboard Cruise Services and Onboard Media curating a vibrant world can only be accomplished by vibrant and diverse teams. We are committed to nurturing a workplace where you can feel safe to show up authentically and thrive while being uniquely you. Our North Star guides us to deliver equal employment opportunities for all individuals and to providing employees with an equitable work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the guests we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these promises.
We believe our differences make us stronger and are curious to see you leverage your lived experiences to strengthen our team, our culture and your career. At Starboard Cruise Services and Onboard Media we take action so that no one is discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability (physical, mental or sensory), ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, genetic information, family care status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions will be made based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
So come onboard with us and celebrate a culture that attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work.